[OT] People searching people WAS: [fixed] Upgraded to gutsy, now DVD playback issues

anthony baldwin anthony.baldwin01 at comcast.net
Sun Jan 13 14:52:50 UTC 2008

Ken McLennan wrote:
> G'day there Anthony,
>
>> Well, Ken...do you know Nicole Kidman?
>>
>     Only by reputation, and I'm sick to bloody death of having her crop
> up all over my TV.  I don't subscribe to the cult of celebrity,
> and I don't really give a fat rats arse about her, Keith, their
> family/families, their car, their holiday destinations, what they had
> for dinner last night,  what clothes she wore (she's far too scrawny for
> my tastes). Not only that, but I've yet to see a movie of hers that I
> think is worth watching.
>
>     Somehow I don't think that they're Ubuntu users either <G>

I feel your pain....
Likewise, I could not careless what Britney did with her underwear,
or who Paris is screwing on film these days...
People need to get a life.

Although, I did like the film  "The Others" with Ms. Kidman,
and "The Panic Room" was quite tense.
She's far from my favorite actress, though, by a long shot.
I like Penny Cruz, Salma Hayek, Halle Barry, Fernanda Montenegra,
Emma Thompson, Cate Blanchette, Helent Hunt, Michelle Pfeiffer,
Charlize Theron, Christina Ricci, Helena Bonham Carter, Camila Pitanga
(mmmm)...quite a few.

Some for their talent, others their looks, some both.

I suppose this is getting a bit OT, though, idn't it?

/tony

--
Anthony Baldwin
http://www.BaldwinLinguas.com - Translation & Interpreting

http://www.LinguasOS.org - Linux for Translators

Así también, la lengua es un miembro pequeño,
y se gloría de grandes cosas.
He aquí, ¡un pequeño fuego ­cuán grande bosque enciende!