Where do gnome sticky-notes go at night?

Luis Mondesi lemsx1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 16:56:40 UTC 2008

On Jan 8, 2008 3:16 PM, David Armour <d.f.armour at shaw.ca> wrote:
> Hello hive-mind,
>
> A recent hard-drive up-grade went v. well, except for replacing the previous
> Gutsy installs sticky-notes. The contents of the old hard drive appear to have
> everything else of any consequence, but the only sub-directory that seemed a
> likely candidate -- stickynotes (which naturally, I can no longer locate!) -- in
> any case contained nothing usefully transferable to the new drive. I've googled
> extensively for this information, to no avail. The StickyNotes info page doesn't
> seem to list any viable contacts.
>
> Has anyone recently needed to replace StickyNotes' content and can suggest how I
> can recover my old notes?

did you look under ~/.gconf* or ~/.gnome* ?

they might be saved on some obscure XML file. if you copied your $HOME
from one drive to the next (the right way. with tar/rsync or
whatever), then you should be able to use gconf-editor to find the
path to your sticky notes (assuming this program uses gconf to store
its database. like all good Gnome apps do.)

hope that helps

--
Luis Mondesi

----- START ENCRYPTED BLOCK (Triple-ROT13) ------
Gur Hohagh [Yvahk] qvfgevohgvba oevatf gur fcvevg bs Hohagh gb gur
fbsgjner jbeyq.
----- END ENCRYPTED BLOCK (Triple-ROT13) ------