using other distro's repos?

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Thu Jan 10 17:44:20 UTC 2008

Colin Brace wrote:

> On Jan 10, 2008 7:31 AM, anthony baldwin <anthony.baldwin01 at comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to enable repos from other .deb based distros?
>
>> I'm also wondering if on an rpm based distro, if one can add repos from
>> other distros. (ie, say you are using PCLOS, can you add fedora repos?)
>
> These sound like recipes for an extended excursion through dependecy hell.

This is beginning to sound like /The Divine Linux Comedy/:

Part 1, Linux Inferno, in which the narrator mixes repositories;
Part 2, Linux Purgatorio, in which the narrator learns the wisdom of
choosing carefully;
Part 3, Linux Paradiso, in which the narrator has a beatiful Kubuntu system
(and a coffee).

> If a program isn't in your distro repo(s), you download and compile
> the source, non รจ vero?

Preferably from the Ubuntu source packages
--
derek