Thunderbird Folder Pane Settings ?

SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux i-ubux at synass.net
Mon Feb 25 13:32:54 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-25 at 13:44 +0100, Conor Schaefer wrote:
> I use Tbird, version 2.0.0.6. I'm quite happy with it, but I've found
> that OP's complaints are valid. Despite everyone's saying that to
> reorder e-mail accounts in my list, I just "click and drag," this does
> not work for me.
>
> Are we using different versions? Is it an extension that adds this
> functionality? I cannot reorder my accounts for the life of me.

My version is 2.0.0.6 (20071022) and
drag'n drop isn't possible too here !

I wil have to do a check with the Win version of TB ot compare.

> Karl Larsen wrote:
> > SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux wrote:
> >
> >> Hello everyboy
> >> I just installed TB on my wife's notebook and have 2 questions:
> >>
> >> 1) TB under her Win XPP shows the detailed info of account contents in
> >> digits !
> >> How do I get this in Ubuntu's TB ?
> >>
> >> 2) I like a very methodic and alphabetic structured account naming
> >> system !
> >> How do I sort the account table ?
> >>

> >     Why do you want an account table? I have just one. Works fine.

Well, Karl, different people have different needs !
I have to maintain about 15 accounts plus some aliases and
my account naming is very methodic and structural !!
Best is alpha sorting these accounts ...
... to work most efficiently !!! ;-)

> >> Sample:

> >> Adding any new account named till S will be added AFTER S !
> >> I would like to have B after A and D after C !!
> >> Can I or impossible ???
> >>
> >> TIA for your assistance.
> >> Cheers, svobi
> >>

> >     Every thing can be changed in the many option panels you get from
> > Edit - Prefrences and Tools and others. In any case you can get the same
> > thing you see in windows on Ubuntu if that is what you want. If you have
> > a specific desire that can be addressed.

Just a simple always sort the accounts in the folder pane would do !

I am able to switch their displaying from
All Folders to
Unread Folders to
Favorite Folders to
Recent Folders !!

Seems impossible or I haven't found the (hidden/magic) button /
switch !? ;-D

Cheers, svobi