desktops

Christoph Bier christoph.bier at web.de
Sun Feb 24 10:36:13 UTC 2008

jack schrieb am 24.02.2008 00:20:

> Not really an important item, but one I've puzzled over from time to
> time. On Desktop1, I have some remote system connections and a few other
> folder/app links. I'd like to be able to anchor those to Desktop1 only,
> so that when I switch to Desktop2, the desktop would be empty. Is that
> possible to do in Gutsy?
> (I'm not running compiz, just straight ubu 7.10/gnome).

To be honest I don't understand your problem. I have 9 desktops set
up and on each of them different applications are running. Those
applications/windows do not move if swichting desktops (except
pressing a special shortcut). As I'm using this feature for many
years and I've never seen the behaviour you describe I wonder how
you set up your desktops.

Best
Christoph
--