compiz on machines with ATI cards?

stan stanb at panix.com
Thu Feb 14 14:11:22 UTC 2008

I have just set up compiz on several machines with Nvidia graphics cards,
and it is cool.. Ok so it's kust eye candy, and a huge waste of CPU cycles
:-)

So, I have a laptop, and a number of Sun 2100's that have ATI cards for
graphics. Is there a way to run compiz on them? Here is the line out of
xorg.conf for one of the 2100's:

Identifier      "ATI Technologies Inc Rage XL"

and it is presently using the "ati" driver.

Can I do this? if so how?

programs.