compiz on machines with ATI cards?

Kristian Rink kristian at zimmer428.net
Thu Feb 14 14:59:30 UTC 2008

Am Thu, 14 Feb 2008 09:11:22 -0500
schrieb stan <stanb at panix.com>:

> So, I have a laptop, and a number of Sun 2100's that have ATI cards
> for graphics. Is there a way to run compiz on them? Here is the line
> out of xorg.conf for one of the 2100's:
>
> Identifier      "ATI Technologies Inc Rage XL"
>
> and it is presently using the "ati" driver.

Well... not having tried it, I want to keep myself from stating that
it's impossible. However given it's really a Rage XL, I think chances
to get this done are rather bad - used to own one of these cards ages
ago, AGP2x, 8 megs of graphics RAM, no real 3D acceleration, wonky
drivers. If these display adapters really are what xorg.conf say, guess
I wouldn't give it a try. But maybe your /var/log/Xorg.*.log is a
little more verbose about that? :)

Cheers,
Kristian

--