Apache virtual host problem Half solved

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Tue Feb 5 20:25:42 UTC 2008

Ashley Benton wrote:

> Thank you for the explanation, that does help me to understand.
> To stop the warning it is easy in your virtual host you have
> NameVirtualHost for me on the first line of every VirtualHost then
> <VirtualHost> You just leave NameVirtualHost for the first Virtual Host
> and delete it for every other host.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!   I love it - the teacher taught.  Exactly what this is all
about.  Thanks.  The warning is no big deal, but it's just annoyed the heck
out of me (and others) for _years_.

fyi, you're not actually deleting it "for every other host".
NameVirtualHost goes outside the virtualhost definitions, so you just don't
need to repeat it.

> That did work, now I can see it from this computer too
> Thank you very much

You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours :-)
--
derek