root password?

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Sun Feb 3 16:39:12 UTC 2008

On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 16:49:32 +0100
Nils Kassube <kassube at gmx.net> wrote:

> Does Sylpheed show the HTML part as is or does it show it without the
> code? And if it is without the code, is it like plain text or with the
> markup?

Right, it shows it without the markup, so Sylpheed is translating it. The
text/html and text/plain parts look identical ( unless I choose to show
the "source code", of course. All the html appears as one long line if I
view as "source", since the "source" viewer apparently doesn't do any wrap.

In other words, the html shows as plain text without formatting etc.
by default in my Sylpheed. Actually this is not always a good thing - for
example, I sometimes need to use the source view to check things like
"phishing" URLs etc. - but I know to do that anyway... abuse reports etc.

Peter

--
"INX Is Not X" Live CD based on Ubuntu 7.04 : http://inx.maincontent.net