Menu viewing problem...

H.S. hs.samix at
Thu Dec 25 16:26:28 UTC 2008

Larry Shields wrote:
> *I seem to be having a problem in most all of my programs that I run...
> Say for Openoffice wordprocessor all of the menus at the top I can not
> view, All I see is ___    ___  ____, when I click on anyone of these
> lines which are the drop-down menu's I can not view anything...
> There must be some settings that are messed up, might some one have any
> idea of whats wrong here...???
> Thanks for any help on this...
> Larry
> *

I think this appears to be a fonts problem and/or your locale problem.
When you installed Ubuntu, what language did you choose for your OS?

Also, after you installed Ubuntu and logged in, did you change your
system's font preferences?

newsgroup on Replies sent to my email address are just
ever having been read.