SMomkey Mail & News Wont Dowmload Retained Server Mail

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 18 20:59:47 UTC 2008

On 12/18/2008 11:44 AM, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> Just reinstalled Hardy and SM due to HDD failure. M&Ns wont download all
> the mail retained on the ATTYahoo web mail server as confirmed by
> downloading and reading mail on the ATTYahoo web mail site. This
> annoyance keeps me from totally leaving the Att web mail service and its
> associated issues with web mail and line wrapping. I've looked at the
> menus and account settings and preferences and have leave message on
> server checked. Looking for a fix, workaround or any solution to this
> issue if there is one.  Funny thing seen before I removed my replacement
> working hard drive to install and retrieve info from the bad drive,
> repeat downloading messages did pick up more of the retained messages
> but doesn't do that now.  Any help appreciated.

It's not supposed to download msgs marked as 'read' on the server. Open
your ATTYahoo webmail. Click your 'inbox', scroll to the bottom of the
msg pane and click 'Check All'. Then click on the "Mark" box and mark
them all unread. Now go back to SeaMonkey, right click on your account
and select 'Get Messages for Account'.

BTW: I see that you are using the Ubuntu 1.1.12 version of SeaMonkey...
the one with all of the missing security patches. Dig out my email on
how to install SM directly follow the instructions. Only difference is
that now 1.1.14 is fully released and so you don't need to do the wget
part from the release candidate site.