SMomkey Mail & News Wont Dowmload Retained Server Mail

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 18 22:54:50 UTC 2008

NoOp wrote:
> On 12/18/2008 11:44 AM, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
>> Just reinstalled Hardy and SM due to HDD failure. M&Ns wont download all
>> the mail retained on the ATTYahoo web mail server as confirmed by
>> downloading and reading mail on the ATTYahoo web mail site. This
>> annoyance keeps me from totally leaving the Att web mail service and its
>> associated issues with web mail and line wrapping. I've looked at the
>> menus and account settings and preferences and have leave message on
>> server checked. Looking for a fix, workaround or any solution to this
>> issue if there is one.  Funny thing seen before I removed my replacement
>> working hard drive to install and retrieve info from the bad drive,
>> repeat downloading messages did pick up more of the retained messages
>> but doesn't do that now.  Any help appreciated.
>>

> It's not supposed to download msgs marked as 'read' on the server. Open
> your ATTYahoo webmail. Click your 'inbox', scroll to the bottom of the
> msg pane and click 'Check All'. Then click on the "Mark" box and mark
> them all unread. Now go back to SeaMonkey, right click on your account
> and select 'Get Messages for Account'.
>
> BTW: I see that you are using the Ubuntu 1.1.12 version of SeaMonkey...
> the one with all of the missing security patches. Dig out my email on
> how to install SM directly follow the instructions. Only difference is
> that now 1.1.14 is fully released and so you don't need to do the wget
> part from the release candidate site.

Thank you kind sir for the little trick I should have known about but
didn't. I found this reply in my SM junk folder along with a lot of
other list mail and will be glad when SM gets fully trained-:))
I realize that SM is not the latest version; just haven't had time to
look at your retained emails yet. A quick google and I now have it
downloaded to install.  Thanks for the reminder.