Lenovo 3000 n200 optical drive problems

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 15 18:51:17 UTC 2008

On 12/15/2008 04:12 AM, squareyes wrote:
[snip]

> Have decided to remove Win XP and install Ubuntu on the full drive, and
> use my external drive when I need to.
> Tired of chasing this piece of poorly designed equipment. Would like the
> email address of the Managing Director of the parent company though,
> would like to send him/her a copy of my thoughts.
>
> Have Dial up, so Alternate Ubuntu and installing Lilo isn't really an
> option,
> One good thing, after quite a bit of thought I have realized that I
> don't know a single soul that I dislike enough to try and pass this
> machine off to, so I guess I am a very lucky human being.
>
> Many thanks for all the help and suggestions, most appreciated.
> Take Care
> Winton

Well... at least your machine boots :-) I've a T21 Thinkpad with the
'Blink of Death' (faulty electrical components on the main board) that
is being used as a doorstop. Had to give my son my T30 so that he'd have
a laptop that actually boots up reliably for college. When that one dies
I'll get him a non-IBM/Lenovo machine to replace it.