Selling Linux to Windows Users

Florian Diesch diesch at spamfence.net
Mon Dec 15 06:28:58 UTC 2008

"Dotan Cohen" <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2008/12/9 Knapp <magick.crow at gmail.com>:
>> There is no "force" here. If Windows were better, I for one would love
>> to know about it! I might even switch back, if I had a lot of free
>> cash to give away.
>>

> Windows has better accessibility features. Scratch that- Windows HAS
> accessibility features. Gnome has nothing useful other, and all of
> KDE's accessibility features were abandoned in KDE 4.
>
> Windows has software for professionals. In my profession, engineering,
> what CAD software is available for Linux?

Pro/ENGINEER, NX, Abaqus come to my mind. But they are more than just CAD.

<http://www.tech-edv.co.at/lunix/CADlinks.html> lists some CAD software.

<http://www.linux-magazin.de/heft_abo/ausgaben/2007/03/in_der_produktschmiede>
is an German article about professional CAD software in Linux.

<http://www.caelinux.com/> may be worth looking, too

   Florian
--
<http://www.florian-diesch.de/>