Rutebook and a lot more

Young tuxman at knology.net
Thu Aug 28 17:22:06 UTC 2008

Graham Watkins wrote:
> Young wrote:
>> The PDF version is in
>> /usr/share/doc/rutebook/rute.pdf.gz
>> It would be really nice if you could make a link to this, but you can't.
>> And you can't extract it either. So, copy it to your chosen place, then
>> extract it if you want, and put it where you want to now, and even Make
>> a Link if you want.
>>

> You can make a link to this - I've done it.
>
> file:///usr/share/doc/rutebook/rute.pdf.gz
>
> A program called okular (which I didn't even know I had) opens it. I
> even turned the graphic at the top of the html page into a desktop icon.
>
> But I do agree that it would be a good thing if this and some other
> programs ought to be a bit more user-friendly to beginners.

Could you please give more detail about how to create the link.
file:///usr/share/doc/rutebook/rute.pdf.gz

If you meant Launcher, I tried that, but it won't work. Did you edit the
privileges?

When I open rute.pdf.gz, Evince Document Viewer is used.

A search of Synaptics for okular finds a KDE4, so I'm guessing you're
using Kubuntu.