Rutebook and a lot more

Graham Watkins shellycat.gw at ntlworld.com
Thu Aug 28 06:38:43 UTC 2008

Young wrote:
> The PDF version is in
> /usr/share/doc/rutebook/rute.pdf.gz
> It would be really nice if you could make a link to this, but you can't.
> And you can't extract it either. So, copy it to your chosen place, then
> extract it if you want, and put it where you want to now, and even Make
> a Link if you want.

You can make a link to this - I've done it.

file:///usr/share/doc/rutebook/rute.pdf.gz

A program called okular (which I didn't even know I had) opens it. I
even turned the graphic at the top of the html page into a desktop icon.

But I do agree that it would be a good thing if this and some other
programs ought to be a bit more user-friendly to beginners.

--
Graham Watkins

"To mess up a Linux box, you need to work at it; to mess up your Windows
box, you just need to work on it."
SecurityFocus columnist Scott Granneman.