Solved: Re: Opera & Seamonkey Issues-Can't Launch From K Menu Or Panel Icon But Only Can From CLI

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 19 01:49:11 UTC 2008

On 08/18/2008 06:15 PM, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> --- NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>> BTW: the DHL guy stopped at my house today; son answered the door &
>> took delivery of a brand new Dell system (true story)... luckly I
>> went out to check what was going on & saw the boxes. Had my son
>> chase down the DHL guy & pick them back up - they were for my
>> neighbor :-( Ah, if I weren't such an honest guy I would have fired
>> the system up, wiped the drives of Windows, loaded Ubuntu on the
>> drives & then called DHL a day or so later to pick up their
>> mistake. Oh well, it was probably a 64bit system anyway... :-)
>>
> Well, that would have been a saintly act. wouldn't it? Certainly not
> bad morally. As it was a Dell, it may have had linux as the OS,
> Ubuntu at that. I like 64 bits, it's faster and KDE 4.1 64 bit is
> getting better slowly and has more bells & whistles than regular KDE
> and I like it better than KDE. If you weren't such a die hard gnome
> user, like some people are such die hard Democrats, you'd switch and
> forget gnome. Any offense to Liberal Democrats is truly intended.
> tee, hee.  Well, not really. Every American has the right to their
> own opinion even when they are wrong! God Bless,
Lyndon Baines Johnson!
FWIW: I voted for Nixon & attended LBJ's funeral :-) Unfortunately I was
on helicopter crew duty & after it was over a nasty storm blew in after
the funeral; nastiest & scariest takeoff since Vietnam that I'd
experienced when we flew out of the LBJ Ranch airstrip that day.

LOL: reminds me of the kid at school with the new Red Ball Jets
sneakers; thought he could run faster, jump higher & stop on a dime.
Unfortunately, the first day in gym class he tried the 'stop on a dime'
maneuver on the finely polished gym floor after "running faster"...
broke his nose. Funniest event of the school year :-)

My neighbor is a Windows sort of guy - so I'm pretty sure it was loaded
with the latest M$ stuff.

But I digress, we're now in Sounder territory... don't forget to scuff
up those sneakers a little first :-)