Solved: Re: Opera & Seamonkey Issues-Can't Launch From K Menu Or Panel Icon But Only Can From CLI

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 19 01:15:27 UTC 2008

--- NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On 08/18/2008 04:20 PM, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> > --- NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> >> [snip]
> >> >
> > .
> >> {snip}

> >> And that probably is your problem:
> >> http://www.digipedia.pl/man/ksystraycmd.1.html
> >>
> > It was. Changed it first in seamonkey.desktop but
> no
> > go. Then changed it in seamonkey-navigator.desktop
> > which solved the problem. Now where did that other
> > command come from? Wish I could start a flame war
> on
> > this topic(Exec='ksystraycmd\s') and maybe find
> out
> > what the command means. Any way, will now look at
> the
> > opera browser issue to see if I can fix it.
> Thanks
> > Gary, you did it again.
> >

> Cool!
>
> BTW: the DHL guy stopped at my house today; son
> answered the door & took
> delivery of a brand new Dell system (true story)...
> luckly I went out to
> check what was going on & saw the boxes. Had my son
> chase down the DHL
> guy & pick them back up - they were for my neighbor
> :-( Ah, if I weren't
> such an honest guy I would have fired the system up,
> wiped the drives of
> Windows, loaded Ubuntu on the drives & then called
> DHL a day or so later
> to pick up their mistake. Oh well, it was probably a
> 64bit system
> anyway... :-)

Well, that would have been a saintly act. wouldn't it?
Certainly not bad morally. As it was a Dell, it may
have had linux as the OS, Ubuntu at that. I like 64
bits, it's faster and KDE 4.1 64 bit is getting better
slowly and has more bells & whistles than regular KDE
and I like it better than KDE. If you weren't such a
die hard gnome user, like some people are such die
hard Democrats, you'd switch and forget gnome. Any
offense to Liberal Democrats is truly intended. tee,
hee.  Well, not really. Every American has the right
to their own opinion even when they are wrong!
God Bless,

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net