Solved: Re: Opera & Seamonkey Issues-Can't Launch From K Menu Or Panel Icon But Only Can From CLI

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 18 23:40:45 UTC 2008

On 08/18/2008 04:20 PM, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> --- NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> On 08/17/2008 08:36 PM, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
>> > --- NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>
>> [snip]
>> >
> .
>> {snip}
>> >
>> > I had:  Exec=ksystraycmd\s
>>
>> And that probably is your problem:
>> http://www.digipedia.pl/man/ksystraycmd.1.html
>>
> It was. Changed it first in seamonkey.desktop but no
> go. Then changed it in seamonkey-navigator.desktop
> which solved the problem. Now where did that other
> command come from? Wish I could start a flame war on
> this topic(Exec='ksystraycmd\s') and maybe find out
> what the command means. Any way, will now look at the
> opera browser issue to see if I can fix it.  Thanks
> Gary, you did it again.

Cool!

BTW: the DHL guy stopped at my house today; son answered the door & took
delivery of a brand new Dell system (true story)... luckly I went out to
check what was going on & saw the boxes. Had my son chase down the DHL
guy & pick them back up - they were for my neighbor :-( Ah, if I weren't
such an honest guy I would have fired the system up, wiped the drives of
Windows, loaded Ubuntu on the drives & then called DHL a day or so later
to pick up their mistake. Oh well, it was probably a 64bit system
anyway... :-)