Solved: Re: Opera & Seamonkey Issues-Can't Launch From K Menu Or Panel Icon But Only Can From CLI

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 19 17:02:54 UTC 2008

On 08/18/2008 04:20 PM, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> --- NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> On 08/17/2008 08:36 PM, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
>> > --- NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>
>> [snip]
>> >
> .
>> {snip}
>> >
>> > I had:  Exec=ksystraycmd\s
>>
>> And that probably is your problem:
>> http://www.digipedia.pl/man/ksystraycmd.1.html
>>
> It was. Changed it first in seamonkey.desktop but no
> go. Then changed it in seamonkey-navigator.desktop
> which solved the problem. Now where did that other
> command come from? Wish I could start a flame war on
> this topic(Exec='ksystraycmd\s') and maybe find out
> what the command means. Any way, will now look at the
> opera browser issue to see if I can fix it.  Thanks
> Gary, you did it again.

Here's another issue with the icon launcher; when I set an SeaMonkey
icon I always set it to open the email window first, then the browser.
The simple command to do this is 'seamonkey -mail -browser'. I just
tried this in kde4.1 by right clicking the SM icon in the panel and
changing the settings accordingly. That was over 10 minutes ago, and
this this is caught in an endless loop of "Updating system
configuration". True to the MS Windows named "System Tray/Task Bar" the
system is consumed by the loop and nothing else can be opened, not even
an existing terminal window. The only way to get out of it is to click
Cancel on the "Updating system configuration". Very much like the
Synaptic issue, everything seems to work afterwards, but very irritating.