installing kde/kubuntu over gnome/ubuntu

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 7 06:35:56 UTC 2008

--- "Mumia W."
<paduille.4062.mumia.w+nospam at earthlink.net> wrote:

> On 08/06/2008 05:15 PM, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> > --- David McNally <david3333333 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Everyone.
> >>
> >> OK, so here's the problem: I have a computer with
>
> >> Ubuntu installed (with
> >> Gnome). I want to put on KDE, but I still want to
> be
> >> able to use Ubuntu.
> >> [...]
> >
> > All you need to do is install kubuntu-desktop.
> [...]
>
> Couldn't he just install the 'kde' package?

Don't know; suppose he could.  Somewhere when I first
started Ubuntu, perhaps from the (K)ubuntu lists,
someone told me to install kubuntu-desktop to get kde
and that's what I've done ever since. Have used kde
since the Debian bf2.4 days and don't care for gnome
though I've used it. The kubuntu-desktop does seem to
pull everything in.

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net