installing kde/kubuntu over gnome/ubuntu

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Thu Aug 7 15:11:48 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 06 August 2008 09:52:32 pm Mumia W. wrote:
> On 08/06/2008 05:15 PM, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> > --- David McNally <david3333333 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi Everyone.
> >>
> >> OK, so here's the problem: I have a computer with
> >> Ubuntu installed (with
> >> Gnome). I want to put on KDE, but I still want to be
> >> able to use Ubuntu.
> >> [...]
> >
> > All you need to do is install kubuntu-desktop. [...]
>
> Couldn't he just install the 'kde' package?

That would allow some KDE apps to work all right in a foreign environment but
it is not what people talk about as being KDE.  Installing the
kubuntu-desktop gives you the whole environment the way it should be. I also
have Xubuntu-desktop installed on this laptop.  I can boot into any one of
them from the "sessions" menu on boot up.  KDE is set as default desktop but
I use the original gdm to get there!  I also have KDE4 installed but it is
not stable enough for what I do.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org