[OT] The Search for a useable Ubuntu Home Server

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 14:59:09 UTC 2008

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 12:39 AM, Clifford Haynes
<chaynes33 at embarqmail.com> wrote:

> NoOp wrote:
>
> On 08/03/2008 02:22 PM, Brian McKee wrote:
>
> <shameless plug>
> Check it out at http://furicle.blogspot.com
> I wonder if others find:
> background:#000000;
> margin:0;
> color:#cccccc;
> font: x-small "Trebuchet MS", Trebuchet, Verdana, Sans-serif;
>
> irritating and hard to read.
>
> Who gives a rat's butt!  You missed the point.  If you want it fancy, then
> help the
> man out in the blog design.  For God's sake, say something positive.

Glad to see that people like the idea.  Thanks for all the comments.
Rather than plug this mailing list up too badly with more OT stuff,
maybe I can encourage everybody to post their comments (good bad or
indifferent) there.

I have to say Cliff that I found NoOp's email helpful and not
offensive.  He pointed out exactly what he thought was wrong, making
it easy for me to fix.  I suppose looking back at it I can see why you
thought it might be, but I didn't read it that way at first, and with
NoOp's track record I'd cut him  *a lot* of leeway anyway.

I'm not easily offended, and I know 'tone' is very hard to read in
email - after all none of us are exactly poet laureates.

Peace all,

Brian