No subject

PEDRO MACANAS VALVERDE macanas_ped at gva.es
Tue Apr 29 08:30:55 UTC 2008

De: Bart Silverstrim
Enviado el: lun 28/04/2008 17:01
Para: Ubuntu user technical support,not for general discussions
Asunto: Re:

Jeff Robertson wrote:

>> I am considering buying a new Dell laptop in a couple months.  I am fed up
> with Windows and especially the crap they call "Vista".  Dell now offers new
> laptops with Ubuntu installed as the OS.  I would love to learn and use
> Ubuntu but I am worried some of my software won't work.  I have MS Office,
> Acrobat 7, PhotoshopCS IllustratotCS2 and Frontpage.

>There are lists that give similar and equivalent OSS programs

Yes,  donĀ“t worry about it. Buying a laptop with Ubuntu preinstalled is a good option  You can obtain free programs equivalents in Linux that are better than similar ones in Windows (and the best: they are free - gratis and libre - ). And they are included in Ubuntu.

So, you have done a good choice.

Regards.