missing task bars on top and on the bottom of screen - cannot do anything

michael wilson ubuntu.eeepc at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 00:15:33 UTC 2008

I installed 8.04 cleanly using Wubi.  I have been installing printers and
trying some things to see how it all works.

I booted this morning and went into ubuntu and after I logged in noticed
there were no launcher bars at the top or bottom of the screen. I could
right click and do things from that menu, but could not run any programs
because there was no launcher.  The few hot keys I remembered allowed me to
open the terminal window, but I am not experienced enough to run programs
without the launcher.

I deleted and reinstalled and we'll see.

Any ideas?

Mchael