Wireless Network Problem 8.04

Bob Cortez rjcortez at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 00:15:47 UTC 2008

The network manager kept wanting to append my domain to the user name so it
wouldn't connect   .I thought I had that fixed by deleting the domain name,
and it worked until I rebooted.  Now I can't even get the network manager to
display the wireless network to edit.  I've tried reinstalling it.  I even
went as far as completely removing it and installing it fresh from
repository, not even from the installation disk.  Wireless worked perfectly
in 7.01.  I'm able to access the wireless connection in Vista on the same
machine, so that takes hardware out of the equation.

Any ideas?