Printer installation problems - thanks, but...

Anna EdwARds ash.1574 at
Sat Apr 19 20:33:04 UTC 2008

Has anyone ever heard me cups?

Sent from my phone using flurry - Get free mobile email and news at:

--- Original Message ---
Date: Sat Apr 19 12:03:00 PDT 2008
From: NoOp
To: ubuntu-users at
Subject: Re: Printer installation problems - thanks, but...

On 04/18/2008 04:53 AM, Peter Baily wrote:
> Thanks to
>> NoOp
> for the response in V44, Issue 187, item 5.
> I have installed "Turboprint" (trial version) which now gives me good
> text printing.   Photo printing from GIMP is however awful!

However I actually use Gutenprint as my printer is supported.

> I will try the Canon 360 driver.

You just need to set up your options properly.

> Xscan appears to recognise the scanner but does not drive it.
> Have I an I/O problem?

You need a sane driver.
from Wittawat Yamwong:
- follow the instuctions in the README.html for installation.
or, use:
[That's for Dapper, so modify for mp150-0.13.1.tar.bz2]

ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users at
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: