TopPosting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tue Apr 15 12:58:17 UTC 2008

On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 08:28:14 -0400
"Danyelle Gragsone" <ladynikon at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you take 2 secs to look at the message you should be able to follow
> a conversation.  It's like toilet seat up.. toilet seat down.. I don't
> understand the problem.

Much of the problem is that there is no standard - there are a lot of people top posting and a lot of people bottom posting. This makes for an odd vibrating sensation in the scrollwheel finger when reading deeply-quoted discussions.
If we are going to agree on a standard, it makes sense (to myself at least) to go with the same one as we use in spoken word - that is where replies follow that which they are replying to.

And I'll echo the previous response and point out that there's little point in replying unless you give some hint as to what you are replying to.

--
Avi Greenbury :)