Problems with ATI Radeon 2600 on Gutsy

Mauro Faccenda faccenda at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 15:51:39 UTC 2007

well, my graphics is an radeon, and it worked with the fglrx driver
that came with Gusty. i did the build with the newest driver (8.41) to
test if AIGLX was already supported. but i think you don't need it,
the fglrx package that's in the ubuntu repository, should work very
well without anyproblem. you just needed to do it by hand, becouse for
some reason the restricted manager couldn't detect your hardware or
somewhat.

and no, AIGLX isn't supported with the fglrx driver. you need to use
the opensource driver  + AIGLX, but it seems that your graphics card
doesn't work with it. or use fglrx + Xgl. it works very well on my
x700 radeon, but it's not that stable.

[]'s
.m