Command Line Interfaces

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Fri Oct 5 18:21:50 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-05 at 12:52 -0400, Pete Holsberg wrote:
> Actually, nothing associated with X was around when I was "good" at
> Unix and it looks like most of the filenames have changed under Linux.

The console is not X, and the console tools have nothing to do with X,
either. However, while the paths have not changed _that_ much from Unix
variants to Linux, the available tools certainly have. I remember
Debian's switch to console-tools (from whatever they used before), it
may have been 8 or 9 years ago.