Question about monitor display setting

gup502 gup502 at yahoo.com.au
Fri Nov 2 15:48:50 UTC 2007

One thing I do not understand, with Linux whether it is Mandriva or
Ubuntu, after each upgrade, there is always problems with display.

My T40 was running 1024x768 connected to Samsung 710T 17", after the
upgrade, the resolution is fine but the gnome panel does not extend to
the ends on top.  The bottom is even worst, it is sitting 3/4 of the
screen.

I have tried everything to reconfigure them but still could not get them
to align properly.  Any thoughts?  Cheers.

Terence