Help requested - restore video setting 7.10

Mark H. Nichols ubuntu.prole at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 13:52:15 UTC 2007

On Nov 1, 2007, at 8:05 AM, Terence Wong wrote:

> I know there should be a way to log on to Ubuntu perhaps in text
> mode and log on as root and make restore the video format.

I am relatively new to Ubuntu (and Linux for that matter) myself.  So
I'm sure someone else will chime in, but, Ctrl-Alt-Backspace will
restart your X windows.  I've had luck with that when I borked
something and got a blank screen for my efforts.

As for getting to a command prompt, Crtl-Atl-F1 or F2, or F3, et
cetera, through F6 will get you command line prompt.  Ctrl-Alt-F7
will return you to your GUI.

Hope this helps,

mark
--