OpenOffice "Default" font has changed to "Kotchi Gothic"

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Sun May 27 00:51:28 UTC 2007

Jon Grant wrote:
> Hiya Matt,
>
> Matthew Flaschen wrote on 26/05/07 22:57:
>> Jon Grant wrote:
>>
>>> my default font has been changed
>>> to Kotchi Gothic, and that looks rather poor for English text..  anyone
>>> know how to change it back globally?
>> In OOo, Tools-Options-OpenOffice.org Writer-Basic Fonts (Western).  Mine
>> are all Nimbus Roman No9 L , except Heading which is Nimbus Sans No9 L .
>
> Just checked this. Set mine to "Bitstream Vera Sans", this fixes OOo
> Writer, thanks!
>
> I couldn't figure out how to do the same with OOo Calc. Any ideas?

I'm looking at OOo help right now.  I found a "Basic Fonts" page that
indicates the Writer option is really just a shortcut to change built-in
templates; that's what I figured.  I think you may have to create a new
spreadsheet template with the font you want.  Here are instructions
based on the "Change default template" help page.

1. Create a new spreadsheet document.
2. Change the font (and any other global formatting)
3. Goto File-Templates-Save
4. Choose a name.
5. Click OK.
6. Goto File-Templates-Organize