Base unable to retrieve field names from a MySQL table

Gabriel Dragffy gabe at dragffy.com
Fri May 25 11:16:18 UTC 2007

Hi all.

I hope you are well.

I have set up a MySQL database with er... data in it. Using the ODBC
connection in OpenOffice Base I can connect to it. Base can read the
fields in a table and their values OK.

Problem is when I do something like create query, or use query wizard,
or other things I get the error:
"The field names from mydatabase.mytable could not be retrieved."

Which makes it pretty much useless. Does anyone know of a
solution/workaround?

I don't relish the prospect of writing my own PHP application to do
something that should already be doable with my current software.

Take it easy.
--
Gabriel Dragffy