Jittery Mouse Driving Me Crazy!

Jeffrey F. Bloss jbloss at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Mar 12 16:10:33 UTC 2007

Mike Payson wrote:

> I have a Logitech mx 610 cordless laser mouse installed on my dual
> boot machine. For some reason, it won't move smoothly under Ubuntu,
> though it works fine under Windows. Instead of the pointer moving
> smoothly, it jumps around, a few millimeters or so off course
> seemingly randomly. Imagine if your mouse pointer had 8 cups of
> coffee or so and you get the picture. If I place a sheet of blank

<snip>

Been there seen that, with several different optical mice across
several versions of Fedora and Ubuntu. If my mouse pad had a design on
it, the mouse was psychotic. Paper helps, but the "laser" reads through
it and picks up what's underneath even if it's just the wood grain of
your desk. And the better the mouse the more prominent the effect.

The solution fo me is a monocolor mouse pad. I've found black seems to
work flawlessly for some reason. *shrug*

--
     _?_      Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
    (o o)         Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.