Repair Grub Files?

Scott Lockwood scott at guppylog.com
Fri Jun 1 14:19:55 UTC 2007

With respect, I disagree. Strongly. I'm not only a sysadmin, I also
write a lot of our end user documentation, even for other sysadmins. I
don't ever write instructions for people that assume they know vi. I
write a LOT of instructions that do say, "With the editor of your
choice..." or "open the file for editing, and..." rather than stepping
on the landmine that is vi vs emacs vs nano vs pico vs vim vs elvis vs
joe vs jed vs mcedit vs ed .... etc., etc., ad nauseam.

I can honestly say that in 15+ years of using Linux, and longer on other
platforms, I've never needed vi or emacs, even once. There have been
times I have chosen to use either, if for no other reason than to
satisfy my curiosity, but have always come back to first pico and no
nano. It's not wrong, or right - it's just personal preference. And in
Ubuntu, it's important to respect one anothers preferences to a degree.

--
Regards,
Scott Lockwood