Repair Grub Files?

Scott Lockwood scott at guppylog.com
Fri Jun 1 14:27:03 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-01 at 09:23 -0300, Phil Pinkerton wrote:
> I think sometimes folks using these lists are just  looking  to
> discredit others and or try to make up for their own insecurities
> rather than provide helpful information.

Now now Phil, don't fall into that trap. The problem is simply that this
medium lacks body language. For example, the body language you get from
someone that tells you they WILL whop you upside the head if you say
something rude to them. Also, it lacks tone and inflection in speech -
so, it's hard to tell if someone is joking or serious. We as people tend
to react in such a way that we assume the worst from what people write.
This is how 99% of all flame wars start.

For the record, I didn't think you were trying to force vi on anyone at
all, and I think the original response was a tad harsh, but who am I to
say? I wasn't in your, or their heads, so I can't know what the real
intent was.

Be a duck. It's just water off a duck's back.

--
Regards,
Scott Lockwood