installing without internet connection

dicky s woi_dik at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 9 00:44:59 UTC 2007

hi, i'm a new ubuntu user, this is my first linux OS for me.

there is no internet connection in my house, i always go to the internet cafe for checking mail, downloading, etc.
several days ago, i downloaded alien package to my flash disk, but when i was trying to open that .deb file, the installer window appeared with a red-colored message : " dependency isn't satisfiable : debhelper "
i also downloaded other package but always got a message like that, for instance, i downloaded graphthing from http://packages.ubuntu.com/, then i got  " dependency isn't satisfiable :  libwxbase2.6-0 ".

would somebody tell me what's wrong with them and how to solve it? is there any files that i didn't download yet??