pictures

Jeffrey F. Bloss jbloss at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Jan 30 08:13:50 UTC 2007

Chanchao wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 22:45 -0800, User Iam wrote:
>
> > How do I make my picture thumb nail size?
> > When I import picture from camera they are 700K.
> > How do I make them 17 thumbnail
>
> Ubuntu includes the gThumb program.  In spite of its name this is not
> only used to make thumbnails, it's a general purpose image viewer.
> However it can ALSO do most common image editing, including resizing.
> It even has a function (Tools menu) to create a 'web album', which
> includes making thumbnail previews of all images.  So you can use
> that.

Nice. I've been using gThumb for a while now to import and organize,
but I've been using ImageMagick and The Gimp for so long I never really
looked very deep into it.

It really doesn't do a bad job of making quickie "gallery" pages at
all. In fact I ran tidy over its work and saw nary a complaint. That's
unusual to say the least.

--
     _ _      Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
    (o o)         Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.