No GCJ, only Sun Java5: how??

Ringo De Smet ringods at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 11 07:31:01 UTC 2007

Derek,

--- Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca> wrote:

> So do the install - let it install gcj.  Then remove gcj.  I'm saying
> that
> it's _not_ tomcat that's insisting.  There is a working tomcat5 on my
> system, and no gcj (or kaffe, or classpath)

If I install gcj together with Tomcat, when I remove gcj afterwards, Tomcat
is gone too, since you removed its dependency.

You say that it is not Tomcat that is insisting. I think it is. If I select
Tomcat 5.5, a set of GCJ/GIJ related packages need to be installed. I don't
see any other package in between that would insist...

Ringo