No GCJ, only Sun Java5: how??

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Thu Jan 11 13:54:08 UTC 2007

Ringo De Smet wrote:

> Derek,
>
> --- Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca> wrote:
>
>> So do the install - let it install gcj.  Then remove gcj.  I'm saying
>> that
>> it's _not_ tomcat that's insisting.  There is a working tomcat5 on my
>> system, and no gcj (or kaffe, or classpath)
>
> If I install gcj together with Tomcat, when I remove gcj afterwards,
> Tomcat is gone too, since you removed its dependency.

That sounds very much like an assumption.  Show me the logs.  I'm suggesting
that something _other_ than tomcat is going to get removed.

> You say that it is not Tomcat that is insisting. I think it is. If I
> select Tomcat 5.5, a set of GCJ/GIJ related packages need to be installed.
> I don't see any other package in between that would insist...

If you're not interested in actually investigating, I'm not interested in
helping.  You know it's possible, you know tomcat has no absolute
dependency on gcj, the rest is up to you.
--
derek