Where did gxedit go?

Cybe R. Wizard cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 2 15:24:14 UTC 2007

Not having found my favorite editor in Ubuntu 6.10 I went searching.
It doesn't appear to exist in Ubuntu any more.  Debian has it; I
downloaded it and attempted to Gdebi it onto my system but got an xlibs
dependency problem.  Xlibs doesn't seem to be in Ubuntu, either, but
there are a couple of files to take its place.  Unfortunately they
don't allow gxedit to work.
One cross-distro package is really one too many so I didn't try to get
xlibs from Debian.
Are there security problems or has gxedit just not stood the Ubuntu test
of time?
(or is it just /too/ good in comparison to gedit?)

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Press 'START' to stop
	Winduhs