Root in Desktop

Bryan Chapman Bryan.Chapman at cognitomobile.com
Wed Jan 3 15:23:25 UTC 2007

Use SUDO

-----Original Message-----
From: ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com
[mailto:ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com] On Behalf Of Dirk Erasmus
Sent: 02 January 2007 15:24
To: Ubuntu user technical support,not for general discussions
Subject: Root in Desktop

Hi

Is there a default password for root in die desktop distro? I just
installed, wanting to run for example nessus daemon but it requires
root, su failes with authentication error.

Dirk

This message has been scanned for viruses by MailController
<http://www.MailController.altohiway.com/> .

NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachment is confidential. It may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than the intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender immediately then delete it from your system. Whilst every effort has been made to check this mail is virus free we accept no responsibility for software viruses and you should check for viruses before opening any attachments. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this email and any attachments which do not relate to the official business of the company are neither given by the company nor endorsed by it.
This message has been scanned for viruses by Mail Controller - www.MailController.altohiway.com