Samba Shares

Pete Clapham w.clapham at csuohio.edu
Fri Dec 14 18:52:46 UTC 2007

As long as you've set your SAMBA password, you can use either a net use
(e.g. net use x: \\sambaserver\username, where sambaserver is the name
of the samba server and username is the name of the user; you will be
asked for the password when it tries to connect) or a my network places
wizard.

good luck.  Samba is a pain, but it does work.  There is also a
distressingly thick O'Reilly book on SAMBA which I found helpful when I
was getting started.

cheers,
pete

--
Pete Clapham
Department of Biological, Geological, and Environmental Sciences

Voice:  [216] 687-4820
Fax:  [216] 687-6972
w.clapham at csuohio.edu