Iomega 100 Plus zip drive setup

Felipe Figueiredo philsf79 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 04:28:52 UTC 2007

Em Sunday 09 December 2007 21:16:05 Bob Collins escreveu:
> Hello,
>
> I recently upgraded to kubuntu 7.10. I was told that my computer
> overloaded. I found out about (dbkg --configure -a) and recovered from
> the crash. I have an Iomega 100 Plus zip drive and I thought it would be
> handy to be able to backup my laptop to it. The setup requires the imm
> driver to be loaded. I have done a fairly exhaustive search, but cannot
> find a place to download it from. The mini-howto that comes up in my
> searchesgives a url to go to, but it is no longer available.
>
> If anyone could send me the imm driver or give me a location to go to I
> would appreciate it.

You already have it, unless you compiled your kernel (in which case you
wouldn't be asking this, so you didn't). You can load it with the following
command:

sudo modprobe imm

Just to confirm, your Zip drive is an external parallel one, right? If this is
correct, and the module imm doesn't work, you can also try the ppa module,
which supports (even) older models.

regards
FF