Iomega 100 Plus zip drive setup

Jonathan Kaye jdkaye10 at yahoo.es
Mon Dec 10 07:38:16 UTC 2007

Felipe Figueiredo wrote:

> Em Sunday 09 December 2007 21:16:05 Bob Collins escreveu:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I recently upgraded to kubuntu 7.10. I was told that my computer
>> overloaded. I found out about (dbkg --configure -a) and recovered from
>> the crash. I have an Iomega 100 Plus zip drive and I thought it would be
>> handy to be able to backup my laptop to it. The setup requires the imm
>> driver to be loaded. I have done a fairly exhaustive search, but cannot
>> find a place to download it from. The mini-howto that comes up in my
>> searchesgives a url to go to, but it is no longer available.
>>
>> If anyone could send me the imm driver or give me a location to go to I
>> would appreciate it.
>
> You already have it, unless you compiled your kernel (in which case you
> wouldn't be asking this, so you didn't). You can load it with the
> following command:
>
> sudo modprobe imm
>
> Just to confirm, your Zip drive is an external parallel one, right? If
> this is correct, and the module imm doesn't work, you can also try the ppa
> module, which supports (even) older models.
>
> regards
> FF
Hi Bob & Felipe,
I also have an Iomega 100 Zip drive (I don't know if it's plus or not). It
runs off a USB port. As you suggested, Felipe, no need to install any
drivers. I don't know which one it used but all I have to do is plug it in
and mount it. It "just works".
Cheers,
Jonathan
Please do not send me copies of list mail. I read the lists. Thanks!