RealPlayer on Ubuntu 7.04

Tony Moretti intheday at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 14:33:00 UTC 2007

K Theodor wrote:
> -
> I'd like to install RealPlayer on Ubuntu 7.04. Does any one know the correct
> commands to execute the RealPlayer installation script on the Terminal
> window?
>
> I am a complete novice to Linux/Ubuntu and I imagine the way you go about it
> is:
>
> 1. You download RealPlayer on the desktop
>
> 2. Click Clean Up and then close the window
>
> 3. Then, you go to Applications --> Accessories --> Terminal
>
> It's here I get stuck, what are the commands?
>
> By the by, I've been given from a source some commands which go:
>
> chmod +x RealPlayer*bin
>
> I then pressed enter.
>
> Then I typed:
>
> sudo RealPlayer*bin
>
> Unfortunately, I couldn't go any further for the response I got was a
> disappointing
>
> "No such file or directory exists"
>
> Cheers
>
> Theo

> The next generation of Hotmail is here!  http://www.newhotmail.co.uk

Theo,

The great documentation teams have written up a nice walk through on how
to set up Real Payler that can be found here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RealplayerInstallationMethods?action=show&redirect=RealPlayerInstallationMethods
. I hope that it has everything that you need to get up and running.

Tony