Feisty: "The following disc types are supported:<null>"

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Wed Aug 15 20:46:53 UTC 2007

     For some reason, my ability to burn CDROMs and DVDs has vanished. I
select an ISO in Nautilus, right-click to select "burn CD", and in that
application, it seems to have completely forgotten my media types.

     Until recently I could burn 6-8 different kinds on the same burner.
It used to tell me all the various kinds the burner told it, it could
do.  But now, the list is empty and I'm outta luck.

     The hardware knows...the "Hardware Information" application under
System->Preferences sees the device, and under the "Advanced" tab gives
me all sorts of booleans like "storage.cdrom.cdplusr" and
"storage.cdrom.dvd" as "true".

     So where's the confusion?
  Brian Fahrländer                 Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
  Evansville, IN                              http://Fahrlander.net/brian
  ICQ: 5119262                         AOL/Yahoo/GoogleTalk: WheelDweller