Major laptop install problems

Bruce Marshall bmarsh at bmarsh.com
Sun Apr 29 21:07:16 UTC 2007

On Sunday 29 April 2007, Gary Allen Garibaldi wrote:
> Does anyone have any suggestion I might try or am I just beating a dead
> horse and just plain out of luck for 7.04.

There is a nifty program called    hwinfo  that you can use to determine what
type of disk you have and if it is being seen at all.

hwinfo  disk

Not sure if the program is on the live CD or not but you could probably put it
on a floppy or somethng to make it available.

Also, if you are able to attempt a boot of installed 7.04,  remove the 'quiet
splash'  from the end of the kernel line in your grub  menu.lst and look at
the output from the boot.   You might find some error message or such that
would indicate the problem.