A little help please!

Bob Cortez rjcortez at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 17:01:20 UTC 2007

On 4/29/07, Mario Vukelic <mario.vukelic at dantian.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-04-28 at 20:17 -0800, Bob Cortez wrote:
> > I struggled to get video and audio to play consistently in both edgy
> > and fiesty.  I finally overcame the problem by downloading automatix2
> > (http://www.getautomatix.com/)
>
> Good luck with your next distribution upgrade. AFAICT, Automatix still
> breaks dependencies and does weird things to you installation. There is
> absolutely no need for it since a) Feisty installs needed codecs
> automatically, and this works, and b) the available docs (already
> mentioned in this thread) take care of the rest.

I spent days downloading and installing codecs, following all of the
recommendations and suggestions from various official and Ubuntu
Community sources.  All resulting with non-functional audio and video
applications.

The fact is that automatix does what the Ubuntu team won't or can't
do, deliver an audio/video package that works.

I'll be updating my laptop from edgy to fiesty and will let the list
know how it goes with automatix2 installed.

Bob